[Quick Summary: After a San Francisco socialite follows a man to a seaside town, she is attacked by birds.]
The Birds is horror, right?
I ask because it has a GOOD "cute meet" rom-com scene at the beginning:
- Melanie, the spoiled socialite, is in a pet store buying a bird.
- Mitch, a stranger, asks for her help.
- Melanie is annoyed he thinks she is a clerk, but she plays along.
- He asks to see a bird. She pretends to know what she's doing. A bird gets loose. Chaos.
- Mitch pulls the rug from under Melanie.
- He walks off, and leaves her hanging.
WHAT I'VE LEARNED: What sparks! What romance! I longed for them to be together.
This is how a "cute meet" should leave us feeling.
The Birds (1963)
by Evan Hunter
Based on the novel "Birds" by Daphne Du Maurier