Recently, I received several kindnesses out of the blue.
I was floored. I didn't expect them, didn't deserve them, and each one came at the exact right time.
As I look back though, I wish I'd passed the kindnesses on.
So in honor of those persons, I've decided to offer my two cents and troubleshooting skills to 30 writers in the next 30 days.
I will read any 10 pages of your scripts for free.
Here's the fine print:
1. I will take the first 30 writers to email me with their attached 10 pages.
2. I have sole discretion who makes the cut.
3. I will send an email to you if you made the cut.
4. I will read the scripts in the order that they arrive.
5. I will read whichever 10 pages you choose, but ONLY those 10 pages.*
6. I will send you one (maybe two) paragraph(s) of feedback.
7. You e-mail must include:
- 10 pages (PDF format). Do not send the entire script.
- One specific question on which you would like my input.
- Acceptable question: "I'm having trouble with the dialogue. Suggestions?"
- Unacceptable question: "Why doesn't this make sense?"
8. If you've read any of my posts, you know this blog is about LEARNING.
At the end of 30 days, I plan to blog about what I'm learning/seeing in these scripts, i.e., trends, mistakes, problems, etc.
I will not talk about your script in particular, but may discuss it generally:
ex. "The most common mistake I've seen in the sci-fi scripts I've gotten..."
ex. "One writer did X; other writers did Y."
If you're uncomfortable/weirded out/suspicious, DO NOT submit.
9. If you submit, you agree to all the stipulations above.
I look forward to meeting you on the page.
* Do not keep sending me updated or revised pages, like a client I once had.