Monday, January 20, 2020

2020 OSCARS: 1917 (2019) - A Good Descriptive Line

[Quick Summary: With his friend, a young corporal must make it across enemy territory to deliver a desist order and preventing the death of his brother.]

I wished I liked this script better, but I did not.
It was well-written, yet I didn't care as I aught.
However, the brief description below is quite good,
Especially the one with "understood."

ex. INT. DUGOUT - CONTINUOUS

...Erinmore speaks slowly, desperate to impress upon Blake and Schofield the gravity of this situation. Nothing can be misunderstood.

ERINMORE (CONT'D): If you don't, it will be a massacre. We would lose two battalions.  SIxteen hundred men, your brother among them.

Schofield hides his shock. But Blake looks at Erinmore, determination etched in his face: understood.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: The gimmick of this film was that it was "one continuous shot" in order to keep the audience with the characters...but does it matter if I don't care that much about them?

1917 (2019)
by Sam Mendes & Krysty Wilson-Cairns

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'