Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TODAY'S NUGGET: Sorry, I'm Feeling lll Today

Today I read a script by a new writer. It's an action flick, studded with graphic violence.

What disturbs me is the level of violence, and gleeful methods to degrade other humans. The description is that this is the "Tarantino style." I don't know exactly what that means, but I've read Tarantino's scripts, and though they are loaded, there is still some cause and effect for the violence. Here, it seems gratuitous.

I don't consider myself to have a queasy stomach, but I feel ill now.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: As terrible as you may think some of the movies in the theater are, trust me, you're glad that some of these never see the light of day.

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'