Friday, November 19, 2010

TODAY'S NUGGET: #12 WGA Script of All Time - Dr. Strangelove (1964)

[Quick Summary: A crazy general starts a unilateral war against the Russians. I think.]

It's my fault.

I don't get this script.

I know it's a broad comedy about the idiocy of nuclear war & the players. I even chuckled at the name "Colonel 'Bat' Guano."

But I felt as if I was trying to interpret a foreign language & couldn't translate.

Maybe because this script relies very heavily on language over visuals?  Can someone help me?

WHAT I'VE LEARNED:  This must be what it feels like when someone on the other side of the world watches a U.S. comedy & just doesn't get it. Because I didn't.

Dr. Strangelove (1964)
by Stanley Kubrick, Terry Southern, and Peter George

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'