Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TODAY'S NUGGET: It's All About the Script for Harvey

When I read the "King's Speech" & "My Week With Marilyn" last year, I knew the old Harvey Weinstein had got his touch back.

These were above excellent at the script stage, & Weinstein was looking for funding. Both boded well.

Harvey is finally getting back to his roots.

Here's what he had to say in today's L.A. Times:

"Speaking from London, where his company is producing "My Week With Marilyn," about a little-known relationship between a young man and Marilyn Monroe, Weinstein avowed he's returned to what he knows best. "I didn't read 'Juno' or 'Slumdog Millionaire' and I was only coming to the festivals to make my presence known," he said, referring to the two independent hits snatched by rival Fox Searchlight. "Now, I realize the strongest thing I can do for my company is read 15 scripts a week.""

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: Harvey is reading FIFTEEN scripts a week.

How many are you reading?

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'