Wednesday, January 6, 2010

TODAY'S NUGGET: A Cheery Note

I'm always cheered to hear that a script I gave a hearty thumbs up is now steaming forward.

Some background: Several months ago I read a fantastic sci-fi/fantasy road trip.

I couldn't believe the exec had doubts, but I could see why from a business standpoint. The budget did seem small for the CGI, and it was also packaged with an untested director.

From a writer's perspective, it was a great look on how to give a new perspective on an old tale. I still remember this script because of its wondrous set pieces. It wasn't just where the characters were, but how they came up with inventive solutions to old problems.

ex. Up a tree? Let's get down with a flying beast!
ex. Stranded? Nothing like nomads to help a guy out.

WHAT I LEARNED: I feel all tingly when I know I'm part of something bigger. Isn't that what it's all about?

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'