Monday, January 11, 2010

TODAY'S NUGGET: How Good is Good?

It doesn't happen every day.

But today is one of those days when I read a spec script that is so good, I want to stand up in my cubicle and tell the whole office to stop working - we must buy this script.

This script is so good I can already pitch it without notes.

This script is so good that you'd be a fool not to invest.

This script is so good that I'd put my personal money on the line.

This script is so good that it's an Oprah show waiting to happen.

This script is so heart-warming, so gut-wrenching, so hit-close-to-home, that I've had to go to quadruple hyphenated adjectives to describe it.

To all writers out there: this is the kind of script you want to send in. Every time I read even a few pages, I'm swept up in a passion that it must get to the screen.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: Lightning does strike.

No comments:

perPage: 10, numPages: 8, var firstText ='First'; var lastText ='Last'; var prevText ='« Previous'; var nextText ='Next »'; } expr:href='data:label.url' expr:href='data:label.url + "?&max-results=7"'